Detail your car like a pro! It’s finally the season where you can start hand-washing your baby like it deserves. No more run-of-the-mill car wash for you! Here are some tips to get your car looking like it just rolled off the lot:
Experts recommend washing your car at least every 1-2 weeks. However, you should remove spots and stains as soon as possible. They’ll come off much easier when they are fresh. Most importantly, experts say to use good products that are specifically made for automotive cleaning. Now get out there and give your car a bath!
- Wash you car by hand instead of just hosing it off. This gives you the chance to familiarize yourself with its textures and contours. You might find scratches or stains that have gone unnoticed. Besides, even cars deserve a good massage every now and then.
- Using proper products (dish soap is for dishes, not for cars) ensures that the finish of your car stays shiny and in good condition. When you use products that aren’t made specifically for cars, you can strip the protective wax coating, making it easier for your paint to become chipped, dull, and scratched. And no one wants that.
- Water can leave behind mineral spots and calcium deposits, so make sure you dry the car completely using soft microfiber cloth.
- Wash your car a section at a time, rinsing each section after you’re done. Wash it from top to bottom so that all of the dirt and grime runs down and away from the clean sections.
- After your car is thoroughly washed and dried (with proper products), it’s time to give your ride a good waxing. Not only does this make your paint shiny and bright, it also protects the car from getting water spots and lengthens the life of the paint.